The inaugural meeting of the Frodsham & District Local History Group took place on the 22nd of November, 1981 in Castle Park Arts Centre.

The agreed aims of the Group were;-

‘To extend the knowledge and enjoyment of, and promote interest in, the history of the district local to Frodsham.’

It was the LHG’s intention from the start to have its own library and archives and by 1986 they already had a collection of over 700 local photographs and many artefacts.

Over the remaining years, the donated items have grown in number, recording the lives and events of Frodsham people from about 1300, and stored in the Archive Room in Castle Park House.

The original photographic collection, now about 4,500 is safely stored in Chester Record Office and can be browsed on line - see Related Sites.

In 2008 the name was changed to 'Frodsham and District History Society' reflecting the growth of membership and interest.

In 2015 and 2016 a website and data base were designed for all the archive material - courtesy Steve McEntees of Frodsham.


frodhistoryarchives.co.uk